Top Ad 728x90

bannerad

Wednesday 23 November 2016

, ,

PT 1: Am I Not Attractive? Why Don't I have Chykers?



You know I'm on my office desk, facing my computer and wondering what in God's name put me up to this. I have gone over this over and over in the last three hours and the harder I try to convince myself to open a blank MS document and write what I am being paid to write, the more my heart keeps telling me someone needs to read this just to feel fine. 

I did share with my sister and my bestie that one of the hardest things I have ever had to live with is being a twin. It is my blessing but it remains my curse. This is because, she is my exact opposite. People are too quick to compare us making me feel  inadequate because I'd rather just let my head down, never wear makeup or else I have been poked, not a fan of matching colours and unconsciously walk with a determined "stay away" strut. 

Summary in effect is while my mates learnt how to perfect their eyebrows, shave their legs and walk with that feminine bounce, I was too busy making sure I defended my weakling sister ( who by the way now fights for me ) so much that I became the tom boy and defender of the universe. While my mates were learning the perfect products for face contouring, I was too busy dreaming of building my empire and perfecting my "no man can help me with my shit" policy. 

You know when shit got real? When everyone around me began talking about what this chyker got them and what the other one promised to get them. Something had to be wrong with me. Cars didn't stop to offer me  rides, guys didn't beg to take me for lunch or promise to fund my fun time. To make matters worse, my sister's leftovers kept telling me how they should have asked me out instead. No guy used DJ KHALED's voice to offer me money "to spend for no reason". I hated and still hate to beg so my broke states were usually so long lasting. Small secret, I even sometimes felt my mom was disappointed because I never had the chyker who would come to the house, offer  her money or buy her beautiful things. My twin was the star kid. Thankfully, we shared the same clothes so my cover was never blown. For the records, all of these stopped in 2016, my year of serious awakening and self realisation...


NOTE: I am taking the cue from my reader who feels my articles are too long. It feels so good to be back! 

1 comments:

  1. You ate far more amazing and pretty being who you ate right now. Your just in a phase of your life that's necessary and will pass in its time. believe me when the chykers will come. you will get tired. You are one gorgeous human.

    PS: That part about being the defender of the universe got me laughing

    ...sam

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog do not express the views of the blogger but is appreciated.

Top Ad 728x90