Top Ad 728x90

bannerad

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Meet the Single Marriage Counselor


     Tun bom, Tun bom, who will I marry? From my post last week, I kinda came to the conclusion that most ladies really like the fictional tall dark handsome Adonis. Well there is no problem with that till you get into your late twenties and that romance novel classic guy is nowhere to be found. The only close ones are douche bags, ouch!
    Today's post is me giving out a list of what I think should be on the list of every searching female. Remember I'm not a professional but I can say I have a little experience with the wheat and the weed. In all, take these casually before you say Mama Zeus made you leave your significant other. You have been warned!

 Igbo, Yoruba, Edo, Urhobo, Hausa?
      Well the list is endless but it's definitely a problem for ladies. It's bad enough that every tribe is tagged evil but our mothers make extra effort to paint the evils in bold water colors. Reservations for other tribes is a constant problem when choosing a spouse because we oftentimes perceive these tribes as alien. The truth is they also look at your tribe as foreign so why bother? My old man once said compatibility first starts with speaking the same language. Maybe I disagree because most of my very good friends are not from my tribe. If you really want to settle down, keep an open mind. Remember, it's not about the tribe but about the person in question. Just because people say urhobo men are cheats doesn't mean Okeoghene is a cheat. Get the message? 

  Christian, Muslim or Not Interested?
     I know we all are guilty of this one. Religion is undoubtedly a very important part of making a lifetime decision. Some might find it ok to settle with any religion and quite frankly before now, I really would not mind. What's paramount to me is if he falls among the "not interested " group. I would never let myself fall for someone who couldn't care less about something so important. I tell myself every time that I'd rather marry a man who loves God seventy percent and me thirty than a man who loves me a hundred. It's simple, he can unlove me quite fast especially when he claims to have been seduced. But a man who loves God first considers the repercussions of sinning against God. Now he might be Muslim or Christian, what should worry you is how far he is willing to take his beliefs. With that I take a pause, if you truly don't find peace as a Christian settling with a Muslim, then I suggest you take my old man's advice.

 Tall, Short, Fair, Dark, Fat, Skinny
     It's just a matter of preference ladies. I particularly don't fancy skinny guys because I'm chubby. I usually imagine people talking about how much of his blood I suck daily...I'd rather just stick with others. Marriage is different though. All of the above DO NOT MATTER! What's important is how he treats you. Does he pay attention to the little details, does he have a temper (any possibility of turning you into a punching bag), does he have roaming eyes, and does he stalk? The list is endless but the above are truly insignificant when making marriage decisions.

 Rich and Handsome?
    Since I'm not a fan of pretty boys, I feel like I can’t discuss this without bias. Sha, we can only try. Ladies have you noticed that the handsome guys are always the players? Most of the time, we think we can make them stick. Lie...they are models, meaning they must try on everything the designer tosses their way. Enough said, there are sensible pretty guys but endeavor you have your sights on the pretty man not the boy( please have your rifle, ballistic missiles and grenades handy to cause massive harm to those skirts that won't let your marriage breathe) .
    Every girl on earth wants that life of pearls and co. I accept that we are structured that way hence the need to get a partner to satisfy our taste for luxury. I also understand that some girls are willing to settle for anybody who has that uninterrupted flow of cash and some girls don't mind. This might burst your bubble ladies but twenty first century men seem to appreciate the industrious woman as opposed to the trophy model. Even when the very rich older men settle for the barbies, they make them start their own businesses; nobody wants a liability. For me, a marriage is not a legal process of getting someone to pay all your bills (sanitary and closet et al). I'd rather hold down my fifty end than relinquish that to the big brother. Doesn't take away the submission, just makes me feel useful. Please oh, I'm not saying you should settle for a jobless fellow then work your butt off to take care of him. All I'm saying is, some girls marry the wealthy folks, and some don't. Whichever group you find yourself, make sure you are getting married for the right reasons.

   At this point, I have to take a break. I have not quite exhausted this advice session but I'd come back to it soon. Have a great week my people. Diligently expecting your comments. 

18 comments:

  1. My man must be tall tho,cos God has blessed me with a small body, most importantly, we must have the same sense of music,if not bae go learn by force ooo. Good job darl presh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My man must be tall tho,cos God has blessed me with a small body, most importantly, we must have the same sense of music,if not bae go learn by force ooo. Good job darl presh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I beg to differ on two of the issues u raised up. marriage is an upgraded form of relationships. Yet the stakes are higher. Firstly,communication can never be toiled with in marriage(don't underestimate it's power). if you really must marry outside your language endeavour to learn the basics or else you might feel left out when your mother-in-law talks with the hubby in their native tongue especially after a fight. Secondly,Even the bible states "can two work except they agree"i guess u r a christian, please Stick to your religion.there are things which are normal with one but not with the other,with this contradicting views a room for controversy develops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @udojoseph don't mean marriages between people of different tribes don't work. Like uve rightly noted, what matters is agreement between the two

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Presh this is so luvly.. Keep it coming in hun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol... Quite interesting nne. But if I will get married 2maro eh, as liberal as I like to be, I may not cope with a muslim o. Finding someone who has a different belief and upbringing from you but who has chosen to think free is not easy at all. Not in this our society where conventions rule.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys! The second to the last paragraph won't let m edit ( the know hows elude me) . It's actually " Whichever group you find yourself, make sure you are getting married for the right reasons ". Thanks for all the comments

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So you don't like pretty men dem, nice piece all the same

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice piece MZ. You highlighted several salient points and I think you summed it up in the last phrase which says... "make sure you are getting married for the right reasons". Being Liberal also has its limits though. Compatibility, Maturity, Responsibility, Sacrifice, Communication and Understanding are some of the ingredients required for a tasty marriage meal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice one Presh. Jes like the bible said bout not being unequally yoked, getting married to a muslim is a risk I can't take.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So goodly impressionistic. You must choose, even to live or to commit suicide. I can't marry a Muslim. Language is very important, I will prefer my tribe or even from my state. But I can still go with another tribe depending on who the girl is(that beautiful sensible self-confident hardworking purpose-built caring interesting sweetheart that knows God). I'm not apologetic when it comes to making choices, so it's either this or nothing, but people think that something like marriage is some gamble. Well, however you choose will result in whatever will be in the aftermath of your choice. Don't say 'Oh! I cannot find that person so let me adjust my choosing '. At least if you are qualified for your criteria, you can stick to it, because there isn't just one best perfect person.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice one swidy keep up the good ok.... really inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just seeing this post! Girl you boldly highlighted these things, but what I want to add is the essence of prayer when finding a partner. As much as you got that list of preference going on, remember your marriage should focus on leading you to heaven, for those who care about these things. It is imperative, remember that. Thanks😗

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehehe that's me in the pix background. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog do not express the views of the blogger but is appreciated.

Top Ad 728x90