Top Ad 728x90

bannerad

Sunday 20 December 2015

, , ,

Sunny Saturday...


    When the lights go out, it's only normal especially in this end of the world to worry if the light would come back immediately or if it would take longer. It's not the same with the sun. I might worry about not seeing the sun shine one day but definitely not if the sun would stop shinning . The sun reminds me of its creator; constant !
    The 19th of December 2015 would remain in my history as the day I saw God on the faces of humans. This might sound crazy but it's the sincerest sentence I have ever made.
     If you have been following my writing history, then you would remember the story I bugged you all to read some months ago  ( feel free to check it out on http://www.mylighthouse.com.ng/features/apreciousstory ) . The story is in summary, the tale of my life. I would definitely write the sequel to that story ( still waiting for the lines to fall in all those places) .
     The owner of Mylighthouse blog is the spirit filled woman of God, Tito Idakula. I first wrote to her after my final exams.I said to myself " since church won't give you the whole service to tell your testimony, why not write "?  I did and that's how I got to this ground shaking point of discovery.   
     So Mrs Idakula invited me over for brunch. The very first edition of Mylighthouse Brunch ( believe me there would be more editions) . After ticking off all the clothes in my bags, I settled for my red top , any how jean pants and bundled my ejima all the way from Ayobo to Lekki ( that's literally as physically draining as trekking from Lagos to New York ) . 
     At the venue, I met several ladies that changed my life. We were a bunch of ladies having brunch and talking about the goodness of God. In all my life, I have never experienced
such stark display of the peace of God. I have never met any of the ladies before but they all felt like sisters. I left that gathering with a rekindled fire for God in my heart. I knew I had my worries but for the hours I spent there, my problems were the last thing on my mind. I was undoubtedly cocooned in the spirit filled atmosphere. I repeat ,God was at Lekki on Saturday. 
     Have you ever wondered if God ever listens to your prayers or you feel He does listen but doesn't answer, well here is something I learnt from Saturday's gathering ; He does. Mrs O ( I met her at the brunch) gave me an illustration which I'd like to share.
    You walk into a room and you are starving. On the table is bread, uncooked rice and uncooked beans. You can have  any one you choose . I mean there is bread that would satisfy you temporarily, rice that  would take longer to be edible  but would fill you up or beans that would make you wait for hourssss but would fill you up and also help you grow. Her point was: God can give you all three on the menu but He loves you so He'd want you to wait for the beans. Although the beans would make you fart but it'd make you grow. 

   I learnt an encyclopedia! It's not always about asking God all the time but about doing what pleases him. I'm guilty of this one. I feel like I deserve whatever I get from Him. But after Tito's brunch, I have auto corrected. I want to serve God in every capacity I can. I know after now I might still shout at someone for being nasty, I might still do some of my little little... The difference is I'm going to make a conscious effort to be that Christian that would make that mosquito shout "blood of Jesus "!      
    I want to go on and on but I have to  hit my STOP button. Let the love of God continue to drive me, you, mine and yours. Here are a couple pictures I took. I know I'm not so cute in them but I felt super human! Many thanks to Mylighthouse family. Please check out her inspirational blog : www.mylighthouse.com.ng ( you would love it) .

       

7 comments:

  1. That's the secret sauce to a credible life on earth, "you, the bible, and Jesus" let your light shine hunnay! Thanks for reminding us of the importance of serving our creator with this piece.. It's the "secret sauce to life" I repeat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed beautiful. Praise God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspirational piece, MZ. Will definitely check out the lighthouse blog.

    Over the years, I have come to realize that there is a piece of God in every human, but some people grieve themselves by their misdeeds and meanness and that Godly piece slowly ebbs away till it finally disappears after a while. But some other people nurture that piece and make it blossom and reap the rewards. The goodness and grace of God is evident in their lives and shows on their faces.

    God is the author of life, he created the universe and everything in it including you and me, so it only makes sense for us to let Him guide our actions and author our lives according to His celestial script. Any other way will be simply trying to swim against the current and that will only just be making things difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truest blessing , finding that peace with God..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay this lady can write.. deep, insightful and ...

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog do not express the views of the blogger but is appreciated.

Top Ad 728x90