Top Ad 728x90

bannerad

Thursday 3 December 2015


Yuppie! It's my birthday today!! 
          Pardon me guys if I'm causing some trouble but do cut me some large slacks as I happen to be twenty-two today! I have to wait till the end of every year to fully claim an age so please forgive my long random gists. I happen to have some important life lessons to share with you guys on this memorable day so stay tuned. 
             I like to tell myself that I'm not the regular kinda girl. I dress for comfort and I find it sometimes offensive when I'm addressed as pretty. Strange yea, but true. I prefer to be addressed as beautiful and smart. I have a very competitive spirit but I hate competition. I think I'm bold, intuitive and too sincere. On the inside, I'm a big jelly fish. My hands shake during meetings and my eyes twinkle especially when I attempt to keep a straight face.
            So far, I have been blessed beyond my imagination. On my twenty-first birthday, I made out a list of everything I wanted to achieve. On my list was to graduate without any spill overs, get a job almost immediately and celebrate my mother's fiftieth birthday in grand style. Truth be told, writing and owning a blog was never on my list. Linda and Stella 's blogs were just enough to handle my long throat for gossip.
         It was a huge shocker to me when I spent over a month at home without a job. I became a burden to myself. All through that trying moment, I begged and cried to God. At a point, I actually believed God was punishing me for all my atrocities ( that I won't mention, thank you). That dark moment yielded something I'd treasure for the rest of my life. In fact that dark time has created my true identity. To ease off the boredom, I started writing more consistently. I wrote everything from poems to short stories, articles and plays. Writing helped me contain my frustration . It was the only thing I found useful about myself so I kept writing till I decided I wanted to share my views with the world. That eureka moment birthed www.mamazeus.blogspot.com . Although my job is quite demanding but because I love Precious the writer, I write even in Danfo rides to work and back home. This is the fulfilled woman!
          I think I have exceeded my page limit but if given the opportunity, I'd keep writing till you guys just get tired but I'd try to stop with a last note which is the crux of this post. 
  Many people claim to know God but believe me trusting God is the true definition of knowing God. Sometimes as humans, we need to take a quick peek into our future to see some of the amazing goodies our Father has stored.That way, the little challenges we face wouldn't faze us. I know this because God has put me through mild fire constantly. Don't think things are perfect. Currently I'm struggling with my health and I have some unsettled issues but I do know that God is sitting on his thrown smiling and gisting with his son Jesus about this lovely daughter of his who has finally started getting the message . 
           Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me to be the woman that I am. I wish with all my heart to grow bigger and better in all ramifications. I remain your funny, chic and smart  Precious Nwogu aka Mama Zeus! Happy birthday to my twinnie and I.  Ehen don't just wish me a happy birthday, let the gifts roll in *wink***

1 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. Beautiful and smart. Ok. Points noted. Tanx for sharing. Now we know a little bit more about you.

    "I write even in danfo rides to work and back home..." Wow. You just keep inspiring me. I've said it, I want to be like you when I grow up.

    And I think one of your best gifts is your ability to recognize when you need to take a detour, embrace your reality and learn from it. One has to go through the hall of critics, before you get to the hall of fame. It will end in praise.

    Wishing you all the very best, all you wish yourself and so much more. I'm also extending birthday wishes to @KingPatsy. Enjoy your day MZ.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog do not express the views of the blogger but is appreciated.

Top Ad 728x90